John is the managing partner of Primerio. He has practiced in the regulatory, commercial litigation and antitrust fields locally and across the African region for over 20 years. He has been a partner at a major South African law firm, co-founder of a South African practice, and founder of the Primerio Pan-african legal group. John is a regular author and speaker who has published numerous papers and opinion pieces locally and internationally.
- Sole South African advisor to Business at OECD in relation to the OECD Competition Committee
- Sole South African representative of FraudNet, the International Chamber of Commerce’s Anti-Crime arm.
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce’s Task Force on Merger Control
- Faculty member of the American Bar Association Antitrust Sector
- Member of the drafting team for the ICN Advocacy Working Group’s Competition Benefits Project
- Non-governmental advisor to the ICN’s Advocacy and Merger and Notification Subgroup
- Lead African attorney for American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law Project on ‘Procedural Transparency’.
- Currently a dedicated co-editor to the Competition Law Insights Africa column