Construction contracts require specialist knowledge and experience as well as an understanding of key terminology. Primerio has extensive knowledge of servicing clients in all aspects of construction and engineering law, including due diligence and land acquisition, structuring and execution of the legal process for large scape projects from inception, ground-breaking, as well as construction through to sales, project completion and registration, contract management and dispute resolution.
Primerio’s team members have a demonstrated history working in the engineering and construction sector and have significant experience in representing clients in all areas of construction and engineering law including front end negotiations and contract drafting, contract management and dispute resolution.
Primerio is well-versed in commercial and corporate advice in relation to transactions, restructuring and project development.
- Providing corporate and commercial advice to a substantial property development company in South Africa regarding a project development in Kenya. We have also advised on project developments and prepared commercial agreements for use in South Africa, Malawi, Ghana and Nigeria.
- Assisted a multinational energy company structure its commercial and finance operations in Zimbabwe including obtaining Reserve Bank approvals.
- Acting for and successfully representing main contractor clients in respect of numerous disputes relating to various mega projects via mediation, adjudication, arbitration and court proceedings.
- Advising main contractor clients on day-to-day contract management and dispute avoidance.
- Advising on complex contract negotiations for projects across African jurisdictions, including power stations, multi-use high rise buildings and wind and solar farms, relating to all standard form contracts, including FIDIC, NEC, JBCC and GCC.
- Notable projects include the Medupi and Kusile power stations in South Africa, the Morupule power station in Botswana and the Golden Valley and Excelsior wind farms.