Michael-James Currie is a Director of Primerio and co-founder of the Primerio South African practice. His regulatory and commercial law practice is pan-African and he has practiced across several countries and regional blocs including Botswana, Egypt, Kenya, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Eswatini, Tanzania, COMESA and CEMAC. Key areas of practice include commercial and corporate law, competition law and complex commercial litigation. Mike has consistently been recognised as a “Best Lawyer in South Africa” and also serves as the “Global Law Expert for Competition Law in Nigeria.” In addition to his practice areas, Mike is a regular speaker and author who has published several articles, papers and opinion pieces. Mike currently serves as the African Regional Representative for the International Bar Association’s Anti-Corruption Committee.
- Board Advisor to the International Bar Association African Regional Forum.
- African Regional Representative of the International Bar Association’s Anti-Corruption Committee.
- Member of the American Bar Association.
- Member of the International Bar Association’s Antitrust Committee; Anti-corruption Committee; and the African Regional Forum Committee.
- Member of the ICN Advocacy Strategy Project on ‘Planning an effective advocacy strategy’ (2016-2018) and is part of the drafting team for the ICN’s Advocacy Working Group’s ‘Competition Benefits Project’ (2015-2016).
- Member of the American Bar Association team for Africa on the Section of Antitrust Law: ‘Procedural Transparency Task Force 2016-2017’.